The World According to Jeff Goldblum

The World According to Jeff Goldblum

Spencer Duain Coleman, Staff Writer

In November, Disney Plus released a new docuseries featuring the one and only Jeff Goldblum.

You may know Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park, who says the famous line “Life Finds a Way,” or as the Grandmaster in Thor: Ragnarok. 

The show takes you, and Goldblum on wonderful adventures exploring the history and impact on everyday things like sneakers, or denim for example, and puts them in a new light with a touch of Jeff Goldblum’s unique personality. 

During an interview on the Kelly and Ryan Show, Goldblum shared his experiences and said, “For the last four or five months, I went all around America to places I wouldn’t have ordinarily been, talked to people otherwise I wouldn’t have met, and it was really transformative.”

The first season of the show is over right now at the time of publishing this article with 12 episodes to binge and the show was renewed for a second season this fall. 

The show doesn’t seem to be popular with the crowd at Riverton High School though. When asking if anybody had seen it, I could only find three other people who had watched any of the episodes. 

When asked about their thoughts on the show, RHS senior Beck Kiernan said, “It is a show about Jeff Goldblum being weird, but a comfortable weird,” I also asked him what his favorite episode was and he said that it was the one about tattoos, when asked why he replied, “the tattoo episode finalized my decision to get a tattoo.”

My opinion of the show was pretty consistent, I liked learning about the mechanics of how ice cream affects the brain, or the history of RVs, or why some people just love BBQ so darn much; the only episode that I did not like was the one about cosmetics, and perhaps that is because the whole make-up thing is just not up my alley, but other than that, I really enjoyed watching each and every episode.

I was really bummed out when I found out that the season had ended and cannot wait until next fall when the next  season starts up again.