Skywalker Saga coming to an End

Back to Article
Back to Article

Skywalker Saga coming to an End

Spencer Duain Coleman, Staff Writer

Disney and Lucas film have just released the final trailer for the new movie, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker; the film will be the ninth and final installment of the Skywalker Saga, and the twelfth movie overall and will be released in theaters on December 20th.

The film will star Daisy Ridley as Rey, Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, John Boyega as Finn, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, Kelly Marie Tran as Rose, Domihnall Gleeson as General Hux, Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, and Jimmy Vee as R2-D2,  with Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa, Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian, and Ian McDiarmid as Emperor Palpatine; new actors such as Richard E. Grant, Naomi Ackie, and Keri Russel will also have a place in the Skywalker Saga.

In the latest trailer, we start off with Rey running through a forest deflecting blaster bolts and jumping over crevasses which then immediately cuts to her landing on a ledge in a giant starship of some sort which is more than likely the first or second Death Star.

After that, we get some shots of what is left of the Resistance, a big ship taking off from an unknown jungle planet, and Rey and Kylo fighting on some big metal platform in the middle of the ocean, with Rey saying that “people keep telling me they know me… no one does.” followed by Kylo saying, “But I do.”

We then see TIE Fighters zip towards some town on an iceberg, and a very evil looking throne with Palpatine stating, “Long have I waited…and now…your coming together…is your undoing.”

We then are shown a shot of an Imperial star destroyer breaking through some ice or ground, and the famous Millenium Falcon appearing to be leading a big looking fleet of a mix of different kinds of starships and more shots of Rey and Kylo fighting on the metal platform.

We then are shown one of the longer scenes in the trailer, in which we see a little alien make some sparks behind 3PO’s head, and Poe asking him what C-3PO is doing, and C-3PO replies with “Taking one last look, sir, at my friends.”

The trailer then shows us a look at one of Carrie Fisher’s final scenes as Princess Leia and Rey embracing her probably for the last time ever.

Then the trailer shows us a little barge in the middle of a desert with some yellow dust exploding in the air, and then Billy Dee Williams’ character Lando, cheering, and a Y-wing shooting a star destroyer.

After that, we see a montage of awesome looking shots and the words, “The saga will end, the story lives forever.” and Rey standing in front of Palpatine.

“I am excited to see what they do to end the saga.” stated RHS senior Alex Holtby when asked about whether or not he would go see it, “I think that it will be a good movie.”

When asked about his opinion, Riverton High School sophomore Jake Coleman said, “I really hope that it is better than what they did with The Last Jedi.” And that he is curious about how they will wrap up the Skywalker legacy.