Chalk-The-Walk

Makenna Dibble, Section Editor

Ever wondered what Chalk-the-Walk is, or ever even heard of it? If you haven’t, that’s okay. You’re not alone.

Every year, Riverton holds an event called Chalk-the-Walk that allows the students to follow a theme and draw on the sidewalk in front of the school.

This event takes place from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. The students need all the time they can get to create their masterpieces out front where the other students can go see at any time during the day.

The theme the students have to follow this year is “The Marvels of the Natural World”. It’s a very broad, but unique, theme. It will be interesting to see the different interpretations of this phrase shown in the chalk art.

Mckenna Bailie, a senior at RHS, said, “Yeah, it’s way cool! It’s cool to see how creative the student body is.”

Every chalk art is different and unique according to the student(s) who draw them. Each student gets a chance to express their ideas they have of the theme to others in a way that is safe and encouraged.

Maia Gates, a senior at RHS, said, “Chalk-the-Walk is a great idea for students to wind down at the end of the year and to have a fun time to relax with their friends outside. It is a good way to express your art, and where everyone can come see.”

Every year, Chalk-the-Walk is a school announced event that is fun and free for those who want to come walk around and admire the school body’s talents.