Future Pickleball Club at Riverton High?

Connor Zindel, Staff Writer

Pickleball was first played in the year 1965, in Washington. This game includes many other different sports similar to itself; tennis, table tennis, and badminton. This is a game that can be played with either two or four people and is great exercise for everyone involved.

This game has the possibility of uniting the community in one single attempt. It can be played by all genders, races and orientations.

Riverton High should adopt this sport for many obvious reasons. First, it’s not a very fast paced game, and can be picked up by anyone willing to give it a shot. Second, it would better unite the students and their ability to connect and agree with one another

Parker Hansen said, “Pickleball has forever changed my life for the better and I couldn’t be happier. I had no idea what I have been missing out on all this time. I wish that everyone had the opportunity to experience the joy that I have found playing pickleball. Pickleball is an amazing sport that combines the four elements of a successful sport: Athleticism, strategy, coordination and heart. Riverton High School must institute a pickleball club to take our athletics to the next level. Playing pickleball means you are taking the oath to be apart of something greater than yourself. I personally take the sport very seriously and play like it is my religion. Pickleball is a sport that everyone of all ages can play. It is very inspiring to look upon my elders and see their accomplishments on the court of wonder. One day I hope the sport of Pickleball will find its way into every household and bless every life.”

Aiden Gordon said, “I was just recently introduced into pickleball, and let me tell you, it’s a lot of fun! I bought myself a paddle at Scheel’s, where I work, and I have been loving it ever since. I just enjoy the fact that this sport brings me closer together with my friends and gives me the chance to make new ones. This sport is definitely easy to pick up but does take a while to master and get extremely good.”