CNN 10

Connor Zindel, Staff Writer

CNN 10 first aired in 1989 as Student News and is currently the network’s longest-running show. CNN primarily broadcasts from the Time Warner Center in New York City and studios in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.

They changed the name from Student News to CNN 10 in 2017 after coming back from winter break. CNN 10 is a ten minute show produced Monday through Friday which displays the world’s current and pressing issues.

Riverton sophomore Chandler Gavin said, “I have only seen a few episodes or so, but I can definitely see myself watching that a lot, especially in my free time.”

The main anchor for the show is a man named Carl Azuz, and everyday the program runs, he is the first face you see.

Logan Mons said, “Personally, I have never seen the show. This is the first time I am even hearing about it, but I like the idea of it. I like how I can go online Monday through Friday and spend roughly ten minutes that day and get mostly caught up in what’s going on. I like that.”

Riverton senior Hannah Figgins shared, “I personally like watching CNN 10 every other day in my history class. I look forward to the puns Carl Azuz says at the end of the show every time. In a way, they give me life, and I thank him very much for that. And plus, it’s a great way to stay constant, especially in Riverton, when something significant hardly happens.”