Arena Scheduling to take place

Back to Article
Back to Article

Arena Scheduling to take place

Sean Christner, Assistant Editor

With 3rd quarter coming to a close and 4th quarter on the horizon, the student body begins to prepare for Arena scheduling.

Arena scheduling is when the student body chooses their schedules for the next year, and the incoming Sophomores come to the school to see the wide variety of classes that they have the choice of. “There is plenty to choose from for any grade or intrest,” Tyler Sharp, a junior, explained briefly. This 9th grade orientation happened on March 11-12th, and this is where a majority of freshmen received their class information.

Students should have received their Skyward login in the mail, but if a student needs help with their login information, they can go down to the office or call the district for help.

Arena scheduling also means that students can sign up for JATC classes. If you are in 11th grade, the JATC online registration begins March 25 and ends on the 26th. If you are a 10th grader, then your registration starts on the 26th.

After your counselors come into your classes to talk about graduation requirements, the day of arena scheduling will come for current juniors. The window opens April 26th at 3:00 pm and closes at midnight April 29th. For the current sophomores the window is April 30th at 3:00 pm and closes at midnight on May 1st. The incoming freshmen registration starts May 2nd at 4:00 pm and ends at Midnight on May 3rd.

If you can not register on the dates above there is an open window May 6th at 1:00 am to Midnight on May 10th. If you decide to change anything over the Summer, the window opens June 3rd and closes August 2nd.

These dates may cause a bit of a panic among students. Junior Spencer Coleman explained, “I need to start to plan my schedule for arena scheduling.” This is exemplified by Tyler Sharp saying, “I’m a bit nervous and a bit stressed by the whole online aspect of the scheduling process.”

Generally, if you need, the library will be open to help students register the first hour of arena scheduling so that everyone can get the classes they want. Otherwise, the major strategy that is used is that many students will start to prepare for the arena scheduling early, so they can efficiently get all of the classes they would like.

Sean Christner, Assistant Editor

Sean A. Christner is currently a Junior at Riverton high and is studying the various forms of Carpentry and Marquetry. Sean lives north of the high school...

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Utah ranked as second least stressed state in new study

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Community pottery night

• Arena Scheduling to take place

Talks begin to lower voting age to 16

• Arena Scheduling to take place

Spring Break is right around the corner

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Warm weather sure to brighten hearts

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Why Trump’s new executive order matters to incoming college students

• Arena Scheduling to take place

RHS Dance Company to perform

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Prom 2019

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Tremonton man charged with murder

• Arena Scheduling to take place

News

Bernie Sanders announces his candidacy for president in 2020

Arena Scheduling to take place