‘Sierra Burgess is a Loser’ on Netflix

Makenna Dibble, Section Editor

“Sierra Burgess is a Loser” is a movie about a senior girl in highschool who goes to great lengths to get her crush, Jamie, to like her back.

Having received a 66% from Rotten Tomatoes and a 6/10 from IMDb, the movie did relatively well.

Olivia Dibble, a RHS sophomore, said, “I think ‘Sarah Burgess is a Loser’ is an amazing movie! I like it because it shows girls that you don’t need to be a model to get a boy. If a boy is truly a keeper, he will like you for your personality. It shares a very good message.”

This message is given throughout the movie and into the soundtrack through the song “Sunflower”.This short song shares the message of being a sunflower in a world full of roses.

Deanna Brady, a RHS senior, said, “I think it’s a good, cute movie. It shows a lot of what not to do but, in the end, makes it up. It had a good message about how we shouldn’t judge people for how they look but learn to love them for who they are. It also kind of warns about how you need to be careful and honest in relationships.”

This was a good movie that had its ups and downs and taught love in an easy to understand way. Sierra made mistakes, some pretty big, but she learned that she also needed to show love to others in order to receive love.