Supreme spring/summer 2019

Aiden Gordon, Section Editor

Supreme just released their spring/summer 2019 lookbook, and fans of the company seem more excited than previous seasons.

The New York based skating company dropped their latest look book on February 18, and this season is looking like it should be a good one. The lookbook included some extremely different pieces while also having some of the Supreme classics. Riverton senior Nate Hamblin said, “Supreme makes really cool stuff, even though I don’t have any.”

As far as collaborations, we won’t know what they are until the week they drop, but there have been some images of a Nike Air Max collaboration and also rumors of collaborations with brands such as Stone Island, Dr. Marten, and a few others.

Supreme has established itself as one of the most recognizable brands in the world. The brand that started out as just friends skating and making clothes has now become a billion dollar company.

The creator of the company is named James Jebbia. He opened the first shop on Lafayette Street in 1994.

While Supreme doesn’t report revenue, it is expected that the company is worth nearly $1 billion dollars. There are seven stores around the globe currently, and there is an expected opening of a store in Milan.

A lot of people don’t understand what is so special about Supreme because the concept of reselling clothes isn’t particularly popular. Because of this, the easiest way to explain it is by putting it on a smaller scale. Let’s say Supreme made 10 shirts and sold them to 10 people for 40 dollars each, but 40 people want the shirt, so the people start to offer (bid) the people who got them for $40 a greater amount than they paid. There are people who make a living off reselling Supreme and other brands.

The most expensive item ever sold was sold for $104,218, and it was a Supreme X Louis Vuitton trunk. There have been multiple collections sold for millions, but no single item has been sold for over a million dollars. Derek Pillow said,”People would die for this brand; it is the best.”

Some of the most anticipated items this season include the crew neck box logo, drum set, hammock, and all the collaborations. Check Supreme’s website every Monday to see what will be releasing that week.

Aiden Gordon, Section Editor

Aiden Gordon was born in West Jordan, Utah and later moved south to Riverton, where he lives now. He has worked as a car wash sprayer, a service company...

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

Netflix releases trailer for new Stranger Things season

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

RHS Dance Company to perform

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

Opinion & Advice

Attendance school is a joke

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

Sports & Clubs

Unique Sports at Riverton

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

News

Arena Scheduling to take place

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

News

Prom 2019

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

Sports & Clubs

What is happening this offseason in the NFL

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

Opinion & Advice

2020 democratic candidate predictions

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

News

Tremonton man charged with murder

• Supreme spring/summer 2019

Opinion & Advice

Kids will never know the struggle of satellite tv

Supreme spring/summer 2019