Riverton Drama to perform ‘Peter and the Starcatcher’

Back to Article
Back to Article

Keora Anderson, Editor in Chief

This year, Riverton’s drama department will perform “Peter and the Starcatcher”.

“Peter and the Starcatcher” is a two-act play first produced in 2011. The show is a prequel to the well known “Peter Pan”.

This show expounds upon Peter Pan’s coming up story. The audience is introduced to Peter as the lead character “Boy”.

Alongside Boy in the spotlight is Molly.

Riverton senior McKenna Bailie was cast to play Molly. When asked to describe her character, McKenna stated, “She is a very fierce, brave character. She is a Starcatcher, which is a person with special powers who protects the world from evil. She meets Peter Pan, and they fight pirates and discover Neverland together.”

McKenna is an experienced actor, but she is new to the lead role. She explained that the experience of leading a play is “absolutely amazing”.

McKenna continued saying, “I have always wanted to be an actress, and this has been a fantastic opportunity. It is a lot of work, but going to rehearsal is always my favorite part of the day. Everybody in the cast is amazing, and I have made so many friends. I have been watching plays at Riverton since I was a little kid, so to get the chance to be a lead in one doesn’t even feel real, and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of such an amazing show.”

“Peter and the Starcatcher” will be performed in the Riverton auditorium on February 22, 23, 25, and 26. The shows start at 7:00 PM and cost $7.00 for students and seniors and $8.00 for adults.

Riverton senior Denelle Durling shared her enthusiasm for the show when she stated, “I really want to go see it. It sounds really fun.”