JATC to host open house

Back to Article
Back to Article

JATC to host open house

Keora Anderson, Editor in Chief

The JATC North and South campuses will be hosting open houses on February 7th for prospective students and parents.

The goal of these events is to draw students to the JATC programs in the 2019-2020 school year.

Students and parents will have the opportunity to tour the facilities and meet teachers and current students.

There are many JATC programs for students to consider.

At the North campus, students can take Veterinary Science, Dental Assisting, Nurse Assisting (CNA), Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Careers, Private Aircraft Pilot, Biotechnology, Computer Programming, and Digital Media.

At the South campus, students have the opportunity to take Urban Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, EMT, Barbering/Hair Design, Criminal Justice, Fire Science, Nail Technician, Game Design, Web Design, and Welding.

Students may also attend JATC classes at West Jordan High School. The classes available here are Auto Collision Repair and Diesel Technician. (Teachers from the West Jordan High courses will be at the North campus for the open house).

Some JATC courses require an application. Student can find this application online at jordantech.org.

Additional information on the programs can be found on the aforementioned website or in the counseling center.

Current JATC students share enthusiasm for their programs.

Melanie Summers, a senior at RHS, said, “JATC is honestly such a good experience! Everyone who has the opportunity to do the JATC programs definitely should. I have learned so much and have been able to grow and push past my comfort zones. I’ve made some of my best friends through JATC. If you’re questioning whether to do it or not, just do it!”

Skyler Luckart, a senior at RHS, stated, “I love JATC. It’s a fun and enjoyable experience. It’s full of outstanding teachers and a great learning environment. For those that are willing to work hard but have fun doing it, I completely recommend JATC.”