Riverton alumni to release debut novel

Back to Article
Back to Article

Riverton alumni to release debut novel

Keora Anderson, Editor in Chief

Riverton alumni Rachel Huffmire’s debut novel Shattered Snow will be released on January 8, 2019 in paperback, e-book, and audiobook by Immortal Works Publishing.

Shattered Snow is a Snow White retelling that follows three main characters—Keltson (The Mirror), Lilia (The Queen), and Bianka (Snow White)—through a time traveling adventure.

Told from the perspective of the three aforementioned characters, Shattered Snow goes beyond the world of fairytales and into the future.

Author Rachel Huffmire graduated from Riverton as a proud Silverwolf in 2007.

While attending Riverton, Huffmire was enrolled in many high level courses that challenged her writing skills. She opted to take many online courses, so she could fill her schedule with electives like Madrigals, orchestra, and MDT.

After graduating from Riverton, Huffmire attended Brigham Young University to study Home and Family Living.

Following her time at BYU, Huffmire made the move to sunny southern California where she now resides with her husband.

Huffmire works in California as an acquisitions editor and novelist for her publishing company—Immortal Works Press.

Students at Riverton are excited to see a former Silverwolf releasing a novel.

Elizabeth Erickson, a senior at Riverton, shared her feelings about Shattered Snow by saying, “That sounds really cool… I like that kind of stuff.”

Lina Thiele, a junior at Riverton, shared that the Snow White retelling “sounds really exciting”.

More information about Shattered Snow and author Rachel Huffmire can be found on the author’s web page (https://www.rachelhuffmire.com/).