Riverton High School’s In the Heights gave students opportunity to be apart of a community

Delaney Shell, Staff Writer

In the Heights is a musical written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and a book by Quiara Alegría Hudes. It involves a neighborhood that has a majority of Hispanic-Americans in New York City.

Riverton High School put on the production for their fall musical. It was performed on November 15,16,17 and 19.

Ellie Lawson had one of the eleven lead roles as Daniella. She has been participating in the schools productions for her entire high school career. Theatre has taught her “a lot of life skills” like how to stay “dedicated” to her responsibilities, “hardwork” and to push through the struggles until the very end.

Even though there were only eleven lead roles, there were many extras or smaller parts that students could participate in.  Everyone that was apart of the show became apart of their own family of sorts.

While playing roles of people in a fake community and being close to them, it brought them closer together in real life.

“Musical Theatre is an amazing place to make best friends” said Lawson. “Everyone is so supportive and wants to succeed. Even if it’s competitive as frick.”

The community that they have created will last a lifetime.

Delaney Shell, Staff Writer

Delaney Shell was born and raised in Riverton, Utah. She spends her summers traveling to different rendezvous’ and participating in the events, such...

• Riverton High School’s In the Heights gave students opportunity to be apart of a community

Submit to Tabula Rasa

‘Wicked’ tickets for $25 at the Eccles Theater

Movie review: ‘Mary Poppins Returns’

‘The Office’ relates to high school students

Book review: Shattered Snow

Patriots’ Josh “Flash” Gordon suspended by NFL for substance abuse

“A Brief Inquiry” into The 1975’s new album

Movie review: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ shows Freddie Mercury in a way you’ve never seen before

Show review: ‘The Dragon Prince’ on Netflix

Performers reflect on Battle of the Bands experience