Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Chase Budge, Staff Writer

Every school year for Riverton swim, a meet is held where the whole team races against one another. It’s prized as the easiest meet as well as one of the more laid back ones. Intersquad works by dividing the Riverton swim team into two teams to compete in four races against each other.

The meet consists of four separate races: the 50 butterfly, 50 backstroke, 50 breaststroke, and the 100 freestyle. This is quite detrimental for the distance swimmers, but this meet is only to see who will compete in the first legitimate meet’s relays. And interestingly enough, no one really knows how the teams are divided, but every year one team seems to blow out the other.

Riverton’s first meet is Box Elder up by Utah State University. This is definitely the funnest swim meet of the year, and the intersquad meets are to see who will be in what relays going in against the opposing participating swim teams. With that said however, since we’re athletes and thrive from competitive spirit, there’s no shortage of trash talk which makes it that much more fun.

In past intersquads just like we do now, teams are divided and named either Team Purple or Team Silver. Notoriously, Silver has crushed Purple and has hopes to continue their dominant reign. Each team is outfitted with two of the team’s four captains and a coach. This year Nancy Wang, Head Coach Powers, and I are overseeing Team Silver with more than high hopes as well as expectations looking at our roster going in.

“Let’s go Silver!” Coach Powers exclaims when asked about the meet. “Team Silver for the win!” Nancy Wang said excitedly when also asked about the meet. Things like that really fuel both teams to their competitive edge and to see how everyone does.

Chase Budge, Staff Writer

Chase Budge was raised in Bluffdale Utah. He’s had two jobs, one landscaping job working under a man from his church, and a job under his step mom, simply...

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Youtube censorship

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Why March Madness is so successful

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

News

Utah ranked as second least stressed state in new study

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

News

Community pottery night

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Talks begin to lower voting age to 16

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Fun Facts With Matthew: The Modern Plague

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Spring Break is right around the corner

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Center Stage Showcase

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

Opinion & Advice

CNN 10

• Riverton Swimming Intersquad

News

Warm weather sure to brighten hearts

Riverton Swimming Intersquad