RHS musical rehearsals commence

Eve Wayman, Staff Writer

Do you ever wonder how long musical rehearsals take for a high school to get it right?

November 15th 2018 at 7pm- 9pm, the Riverton High theatre team will open their curtains to wow their audience with their perfected musical, In the Heights. Tickets are open for purchase at the main office.

But what does it take to get this play ‘just right’? Time is possibly the most important factor when it comes to perfecting it, making practice 3-4 days a week for approximately 3 months. This makes it difficult because there are about 60 people in the play.

All the actors treat each other like family, equally sassy and nice, which makes sense because there’s more girls than guys.

But why do we care? What makes this musical something we even want to see? In the Heights is an upbeat show including salsa, hip hop and soul searching music.

“It’s going to be freaking awesome! It’s a rap musical so it is very relatable in this day and age. And it’s going to be a blast. Dancing, singing, and such a great storyline,” said Sam Cooper.

It is unmistakable, that the character of Vanessa is beautifully executed. Dramatic dancing displays the attitude and sass the character, Vanessa, portrays.

After a month of rehearsing, our actors have shown amazing progress, in the ‘club scene’,

Vanessa highlights her dancing ability, showing us that all those dancing classes paid off.

In the ‘black out scene’, all the girls in the play get up on stage and show us their amazing synced dancing.

According to Josh Slemko, this show is “A city of hispanic people who are kind of poor, aren’t really known… They are trying to win the lottery. And kind of falls into a love story.”

In the Heights is a colorful play that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. Riverton High school theatre team has put in a lot of hours towards making this the best play you will ever see. So, walk, don’t run, the main office with open their doors shortly for purchase of In the Heights tickets.  

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

Avengers: Infinity War

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

Get to Know Michelle Cooper: SBO Artist 2018-2019

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

Post Malone Concert in SLC

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

Morp Music Review

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

Meet Julia Gates: Singer, Painter, and Artist

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

The Stereotypes of Music

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

2000’s nostalgia

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

RHS Arts Department Takes Field Trip to BYU and Springville Art Museum

• RHS musical rehearsals commence

J-Hope’s debut album ‘Hope World’ shoots to the top charts with its uplifting messages

RHS musical rehearsals commence