Riverton High School Students Windshield Wiper Blades Are Being Stolen

Allie Harvey, Assistant Editor

Students at Riverton High School are getting spring fever, senioritis, and more importantly, a sudden urge to steal windshield wiper blades from unsuspecting innocent victims.

I started driving recently, so naturally, I was super excited to drive to school. I parked in front of the school in the “sophomore parking” even though I’m a junior and was so excited to drive home when the time came.

By the end of the day, I was ecstatic about driving. I put the key in my ignition and drove away from the school with a large sense of accomplishment. I noticed it was raining, so I flipped on my windshield wipers only to find that one of them was missing.

I spent the next few minutes bewildered thinking about the person who would find pleasure in stealing somebody’s wiper blades. In the following days, I recounted the story of the missing wiper blades to my friends, and several people were able to say, “Hey! I got mine stolen too.”

Michael Erickson, a Senior at Riverton High School, said the following, “They should put themselves in our shoes. The poor people who walk up to their car and see they’re missing are still looking for answers, you know?”

“That’s so stupid,” said Riverton High School student, Ameera Al-Maksosi.

Maybe one day, we will have an answer about who is taking the windshield wiper blades at Riverton High School, but today is not that day.

If you or anyone you know has had their windshield wiper blades stolen, you are encouraged to reach out to the school so they can eventually solve the problem and take care of any disciplinary action needed.