Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

Marima Jules, Staff Writer

Encouraged by his mom to audition for a musical, Ethan quickly realized that theatre was something that he enjoyed. Once he landed a position in the ensemble,  he decided to only pursue auditions before taking a break from theatre. As a result of motivation given to him by a friend, Ethan decided to chase after theatre in school.

“My first year of getting into theatre in school was my junior year,” said Ethan. “I got back into theatre but at the end of my sophomore year.”

None of his parents auditioned for plays when they were in school, but Ethan said his mom would have liked to. She was in her school’s Drill Team; Ethan might have received his passion to perform from her. He surrounds himself with positive influences in the theatre department and tries  hard to be friendly himself.

“I love being able to do things with the people I have met,” explained Ethan in reference to his friends that share his enthusiasm for theatre. “Everyone is so kind and loving to each other and we’re all just so open and no judgemental towards each other.”

As for anxiety before an audition or performance, Ethan manages his nervousness by diving straight into the performance. This method has been so effective for Ethan because he transforms into a whole character and focuses on the person his playing life. If he ever had the privilege to be on broadway, he would take it in a “heartbeat”

“Ethan is super fun and you can always be yourself around him”, said Mackenzie Wagner. “He also gives the best hugs and I’m super glad to have in my life.”

Anyone who knows Ethan will know that he knows passionate about convincing someone of his perspective. “I like being able to make people feel things that are real, so I enjoy playing more dramatic roles,” says Ethan. Ethan also goes by a different name; Jeffrey. Enjoying taking on different characters is probably why he he goes by two different names.

“Being in theatre has taught me so much; It really helped me define me as a person. It does take a lot of time and it can be very stressful but it can pay off.”, says Jeffrey when evaluating his experience of being apart of theatre.

Ethan participated in Riverton’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream where he played Oberon the fairy king. The drama team recently went to regions where they won first place in various categories.  
“There is no better feeling than hearing everyone clap for you and cheer for you,” says Ethan.

Marima Jules, Staff Writer

Marima (Abbey) Jules was born and raised in Irvington, New Jersey. She has a twin (who is constantly reminded that thirty minutes is older), two brothers,...

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

Riverton High School’s In the Heights gave students opportunity to be apart of a community

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

RHS Shooting Club gives students valuable opportunities

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

“The Crimes of Grindelwald”: Hit or miss?

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

Thriller Throwback; An underrated Mr. Jones

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

ARCTIC MONKEYS: TRANQUILITY BASE HOTEL + CASINO

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

Dancing in musicals

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

Are People Actually Excited for the New Grinch?

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

“First Man” will make you see a different side to Armstrong

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

Stan Lee passes away

• Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

RHS PUMPS Club

Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay