Will’s Thoughts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Will’s Thoughts

Greg Cecala, Staff Writer

This is a regular article explaining the opinion of Will Miles and his unique thought process. Asking a few discussion generating questions to spark an interesting conversation.

This time on the series Will’s Thoughts the questions were themed to match what many seniors could have on their minds this year. Realizing how they spend their time, the impact their parents have had on them or other role models, when do you finally become an adult, and one more light hearted question about Will’s childhood.

First question asked was about adulthood, and most seniors realize that by the time they turn 18 that they are finally their own person, but this question is asking what event has to happen or trait needs to be developed before becoming an actual adult. I curiously asked Will because I wanted to know Will’s definition of “adulthood,”  I can not say I was that surprised by his response. “There will never be a point that I will ever be mature enough to be an adult like my parents” said Will. He is claiming that they set the bar way too high for him to think he can ever be mature enough. He is just going to grow older but he is going to stay the same.

The second question was about role models and how they have affected you and the way you act as a person. Will claims he subconsciously acts more like his mom but idolizes his dad consciously more. He says that his way of speech and vocabulary has been greatly impacted by his mother mostly because he spends more time with her. His personality he said his dad should take credit for. His dad according to Will is “pretty chill” and “very funny” which are common traits people see in Will as well.

Thirdly, how much time do you spend on your phone and are you proud of it? Most teenagers have been ridiculed for many years from parents and teachers alike about how much time is spent looking at their phones. Will is very active on social medias such as Instagram and Twitter which is pretty common for most teenagers. When I asked him how much time he spends on his phone everyday his response was simply “a lot”. He does not use his phone for applications like games or he rarely even uses it for music. Most commonly you can see Will texting and calling his friends, “I’m always on my phone because everyone else is always on their phones also, if they weren’t on their phones as much I wouldn’t be either”, while Colby Ashby said “hour a day only check social media, I like to live in the person”

Last question was a light hearted question, “When I say 2011, what pops in your mind?” He instantly said without a moment of hesitation was “Nintendo DSi” this was his answer for how many games he played on it even though the DS first came out in 2004.  “6th grade girls and kickball school tournament.” Shaheen Takmili was his 2011.

Greg Cecala, Staff Writer

Gregory Lane Cecala is a RHS student from West Jordan. He is a burger boy, fry guy, cashier, and big brother for his main jobs. He enjoys hanging out with...

• Will’s Thoughts

Russia State News reveals US targets they would strike in case of conflict

• Will’s Thoughts

Do the Bluffdale earthquakes mean something big is to come?

• Will’s Thoughts

Police officers deserve our respect

• Will’s Thoughts

Boy Scouts of America considering bankruptcy

• Will’s Thoughts

Book review: Shattered Snow

• Will’s Thoughts

Carol grams for Silver Rush

• Will’s Thoughts

Phil Tuckett: from NFL to college instructor

• Will’s Thoughts

George H.W. Bush dies at age 94 in Houston, Texas

• Will’s Thoughts

The rising popularity of E-Cigarettes in high schools

• Will’s Thoughts

Elon Musk thinks we should work more

Will’s Thoughts