Will’s Thoughts

Greg Cecala, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Will Miles has an interesting train of thought, and he often will see things differently than the average person would. This complex thought process can surprise many, so he answers many discussion generating questions to help as a guide to Will.

The first question he answered was the common Marvel or DC for his favorite superheros.  Will Miles said “DC reminds me of what Marvel used to be back in 2009.” He did not clarify what aspects made him feel like this but only said it about the movies. This made it clear he was Marvel all the way. I asked a follow up question on who is better: Batman or Superman? He said Batman definitely. Lastly on the superhero topic, I asked what movie he is most excited for to come out this year, and the answer was surprising, as he said Black Panther, rather than the Infinity War. He claimed he was just excited for Marvel to go into more detail with this character that he is so interested in since his scene in Captain America: Civil War.

The next question was one that many students haven’t truly thought about or even cared much about. What motivates you? Will’s response differed from typical answers such as family, money, or self improvement, and instead said something way out of the park. “Just zone out, it makes life easier,” he suggests. Just stay on the sideline and not let life’s negativities get to you, and go with the flow. Skylar Luckart said “my mom was the first thing that came to mind because she is a good example” this was a very common response.

The last question asked was about photoshopped images of models and celebrities and whether or not it makes him feel self conscious with these fake standards around him. This is something many learn about in the common core for the health class about how the pictures in magazines, billboards, and flyers the models have been photoshopped to make them look perfect. The response from Will this time wasn’t as unusual as the first couple were. “I tend to not compare myself to fake pictures but instead look at myself and what I like to improve”

All together Will’s thoughts were interesting and caused thought based off his different point of view especially surrounding the what motivates you question. Will Miles often sees things differently than the average person and it can be a fun learning experience to see what others have to say about topics and ideas.

• Will’s Thoughts

Ben McAdams and Jenny Wilson easily win nomination of the Democratic Party

• Will’s Thoughts

Get to Know Michelle Cooper: SBO Artist 2018-2019

• Will’s Thoughts

Summer is coming! Here’s What Not to Do

• Will’s Thoughts

Post Malone Concert in SLC

• Will’s Thoughts

JATC Apprenticeship Fair

• Will’s Thoughts

This is what is coming up for Seniors

• Will’s Thoughts

The Struggles of 4th Quarter

• Will’s Thoughts

Riverton High School Students Windshield Wiper Blades Are Being Stolen

• Will’s Thoughts

Morp: Blast to the Past

• Will’s Thoughts

History of the Pulitzer Prize

Will’s Thoughts