Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Toya Jules, Staff Writer

Modern day courting techniques redefined what the word “talking” meant. Millennials  understand that it doesn’t mean to just have a conversation there are more implications to the word. “Talking” means that two people are getting to know each other better to potentially steady date. Teenagers have mixed opinions on how this word is affecting how courting is perceived through this word. For those who admire the romanticism believe that it’s devaluing chivalry and the purpose of dating. Others believe that because technology and time is evolving then the way we romanticly communicate should as well.

Mckenna Anderson believes that we should evolve with the way we date, but with implications saying, “Talking is way for people to say that they are getting to know each other without actually being in a committed relationship. However it shouldn’t give people an excuse to treat people like their feelings don’t matter because they aren’t serious yet.”

Mealony Kinsey also agreed by saying, “It depends if people are just friends and actually wanting to date each other. But the line between friendship and relationship can sometime blur so be careful the way you go about talking to someone.”

Technology is the main way teenagers communicate. Making communication very important with the use of emojis because people can take certain messages more personally or the way they want to take it. In order to figure out what your “talking” means its very important to do these three things:  First you have to always make sure that you guys are on the same page. It is important that the purpose that you guys are are having that conversation is to start the courting process. This to make sure that when you start to catch feelings for the other person that your not the only person feeling the way you do. Ladies this is definitely for you! Second, make sure that your conversations are frequent not just online but also in person. A lot of the time a person can be flirty over text but be “dry” in person. Lastly but most important at all make sure that you watch out for the possibility that you might get ghosted. If the conversations turn into avoiding you in the hallways to saying one word replies then it’s obvious the person is not interested or “too busy”. The most important thing to to make sure that you’re considering the person you’re talking to is a human being with feelings so be kind when communicating that you’re not interested.

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Summer is coming! Here’s What Not to Do

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Morp Music Review

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Real Talk with Toya: Senior Prank

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

How To Prevent/Overcome Senioritis As The School Year Comes To A Close

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Real Talk With Toya: Mutual Mormon Dating App

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

The obsession teens have with social media, and the problem surrounding it.

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Chick-fil-a: The Most Popular Restaurant Here at RHS

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Opinion & Advice

A Couple Reasons Why Having Prom Dinner At Home Isn’t A Bad Idea

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

Opinion & Advice

Reasons Why Dance Is A Sport

• Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

New Years Resolutions Are Overrated

Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”