The Truth About Coffee

Katelynn Case, Staff Writer

Most of us drink at least one cup of coffee per day.  With so many people drinking so much coffee, there is a question that we should ask ourselves: is drinking a lot of coffee good for your health?

Coffee has caffeine in it, so lots of people feel the need to drink it. People have many opinions on whether or not coffee is good or bad for you. So what is it?

Coffee has lots of health benefits. Scientists have done studies on coffee for years, and they have learned good things about it.

One good thing about coffee is that it lowers the risk to get type 2 diabetes. Scientists studies have shown that drinking up to 6 cups of coffees per week lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes by 33%. Another reason coffee is a good thing to drink is that it has a lot of nutrients and antioxidants. Just 1 cup of coffee contains 6% of vitamin B5, 11% of vitamin B2, 2% of B3 and B1, and 3% potassium and Manganese. That might not seem like too much but if you drink multiple cups of coffee per day, that nutrients adds up. One more reason coffee is good for you is because it can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Coffee protects your brain from these when you become old. If you drink coffee, it can lower your risk of getting Alzheimer’s by 60%. Coffee can lower the chance of getting Parkinson’s disease by 30-60%

There are many other reasons why drinking coffee can do so much good for your health. Drinking lots of coffee a day makes you feel jittery, but it is not bad, unless you drink too much. You have to find your limit.

I asked 2 students if they think drinking coffee is good for you.

Maleah Roberts said, “I think drinking coffee is good for you because if it wasn’t, it would not have such a good impact on people. After I thought about that, I looked it up and learned that drinking coffee does have a lot benefits for your health, so I try to drink it a lot.”

Zoey Rodgers said, “I don’t know what I think about coffee because I am not a big fan of it, but I have heard it is really good for you.”

Both those girls have good opinions on the question that was asked.

If you want to know more about the benefits of coffee, it is smart to do some research, so you can be knowledge about the subject. There are many more health factors that play into drinking coffee that were not named here. One thing that was not named above is that, in some cases, drinking a lot of coffee can lower depression rates.

Now you know that coffee is not bad for you, and that it has mostly good effects on your body, so you can feel comfortable about drinking it everyday now.

• The Truth About Coffee

Opinion & Advice

Real Talk with Toya: “Talking”

• The Truth About Coffee

Opinion & Advice

How Exactly Do Smartphones Affect The Brain?

• The Truth About Coffee

News

Logan Paul has taken over the internet, and not in a good way.

• The Truth About Coffee

Opinion & Advice

Is Being Vegan or Vegetarian a Bad Thing?

• The Truth About Coffee

News

Teacher Fired After Showing Provocative Classical Art

• The Truth About Coffee

Opinion & Advice

Silver Rush in the Long Run

• The Truth About Coffee

Opinion & Advice

Giving

• The Truth About Coffee

The Halfway Point

• The Truth About Coffee

The Temple Lights

• The Truth About Coffee

Seven Things That Are A Must Over The Christmas Break

The Truth About Coffee