10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Marima Jules, Staff Writer

It’s in the movies and just about everywhere else. He picks her up and they drive away to this spontaneous date that he planned all by himself. Ideally, this would be the perfect date. There’s this idea that Valentine’s Day needs to be portrayed the way displayed in the movies. Let’s redefine the meaning on Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day is, whether it’s with your sister or boyfriend, a day to spend time with those whose company you enjoy. Hopefully these ideas will get you started.

1. What’s in my mouth ?

Trust fall who? This game is a good icebreaker if you’re just starting to know someone. For this game, all you have to do is get a box of chocolates, or whatever candies you want, and have your partner guess the type and color of the chocolate-blindfolded. Set up rewards for the winner and penalties for the loser.

2.  Friends that bake together…

Valentine’s Day is the young brother to Halloween. Pick out the best treats and have a contest to see if someone can bake their goodies the fastest. If you don’t want to wait that long, just bake them together and enjoy them afterwards. This activity is not specific to just a couple but can be performed in groups.

3. Dinner

If you are looking for a romantic setting, this might be a good option for you and your date. Although going out to dinner might be typical, it can be a great opportunity to get to know your partner. Plus, dancing on an empty stomach is hardly an idea of a good time.

1. Arcade Games

This is another group activity that the whole group can appreciate. There’s always that one friend who can beat everyone at something. Show off your gaming skills or even the lack of them with this energy pumping activity.

1. Movie Madness

What better way to waste time before the dance than to watch movies? If the girls have a choice on the genre, the boys might be at a disadvantage, but romantic movies are appropriate for the occasion, or laughing at how cheesy the movies are can be another way to have fun.

1. Dancing and singing, then more dancing

Karaoke and dance-offs might be the greatest way to prepare for Sweetheart’s. Don’t get tired before the actual party begins, but do just enough to get warmed up. It might be beneficial to even copy off some of the dance moves.

1. Plazas

Boredom is not an option at the mall. The mall is intended to be active and exciting. Try things on that might never be considered attire. Lay on the massage chairs provided at the mall before exercising at the dance.

1. Bowlin’

“You get to witness the personality of your date when they lose” said Hannah Momoh in regards to bowling. Bowling is one of those things that you are either good at or you fail miserably at. Don’t however underestimate how fun it is.

1. Creativity is everything

If you still don’t like these ideas come up with something by yourself. Allison Harvey says that  the benefit of being creative is that “ the person will remember that for a long time”. She also mentioned that the person will think you care a lot more than something that is generic.

1. A walk to remember

A good way to save time and stress is just to take a stroll. Going on a walk can also be a great opportunity to get to know your date. Pick a place where the scenery entails more than trees.

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Ben McAdams and Jenny Wilson easily win nomination of the Democratic Party

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Get to Know Michelle Cooper: SBO Artist 2018-2019

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Summer is coming! Here’s What Not to Do

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Post Malone Concert in SLC

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

JATC Apprenticeship Fair

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

This is what is coming up for Seniors

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

The Struggles of 4th Quarter

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Riverton High School Students Windshield Wiper Blades Are Being Stolen

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

Morp: Blast to the Past

• 10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s

History of the Pulitzer Prize

10 Date Ideas Before Sweetheart’s