Oh, hi Mark.

Will Miles, Arts & Entertainment Editor

It’s kind of hard to talk about The Room without retreading on what someone else has already said. For those of you who are unaware, The Room is a 2003 tragedy centered around Johnny (played by Tommy Wiseau) and how his long time partner Lisa (played by Juliette Danielle) gets bored of their five year romance, and cheats on Johnny with his best friend, Mark (played by Greg Sestero.)

Now just by the plot alone this sounds like a familiar story that’s been played out. Make no mistake though, The Room is unlike any other movie you will other see. The interesting part of this movie starts with the story behind the director, writer, and actor Tommy Wiseau. The first thing you would probably notice about The Room is Wiseau’s strange accent in an otherwise all American cast. However, Wiseau claims he is one hundred percent American. The movie was also mysteriously fully funded with Wiseau’s personal finances with an estimated six million dollars. To this day, nobody really knows where that money came from.

The Room has earned a place in film history for being one of the worst movies in history. The movie’s dialogue is some of the worst in cinema history, the most notable one comes from a scene where Johnny walks onto the rooftop after hearing rumors that he hit his fiancee. “I did not hit her it’s not true it’s bulls*** I did not hit her I did not. Oh, hi Mark,” Johnny cries as he walks out onto the lazily green screened San Francisco skyline.

I had the pleasure of seeing The Room in its limited nationwide re release earlier this  month. I had way more fun than anyone would’ve expected with this kind of movie. When the entire audience is in on the joke of how appallingly bad the movie, somehow the purpose of the movie shifts and becomes a great movie. The Room is definitely not the worst movie I’ve ever seen. Movies like Batman V Superman and Twilight are worse in my mind simply because it pains me to sit through. The experience I had watching The Room was worth every cent, and that’s why I’m giving The Room a 10/10.  

Will Miles, Staff Writer.

Will Miles is a ginger boy from Riverton, Utah. In his free time, Will likes to ride his bike, perform stand up comedy, skydive, fight terrorists, and...

• Oh, hi Mark.

“First Man” will make you see a different side to Armstrong

• Oh, hi Mark.

Stan Lee passes away

• Oh, hi Mark.

RHS PUMPS Club

• Oh, hi Mark.

Chris Evans officially hanging up the shield on Captain America

• Oh, hi Mark.

Queer Eye Season 3 announced

• Oh, hi Mark.

Battle of the bands starting preparations for show in December

• Oh, hi Mark.

RHS musical rehearsals commence

• Oh, hi Mark.

Avengers: Infinity War

• Oh, hi Mark.

Get to Know Michelle Cooper: SBO Artist 2018-2019

• Oh, hi Mark.

Post Malone Concert in SLC

Oh, hi Mark.