Riverton Art & Film Fest

Erica Olsen, Staff Writer

As Silver Rush came to an end, and Christmas Break approached, Riverton High School’s Art Club put together their annual Art and Film Festival. As usual, it took place on the week before Christmas Break began, and it was filled with endless amounts of creativity with every piece. While I was a taking Drawing II this quarter, I was able to watch behind the scenes of the festival.

It serves as no surprise that Riverton High is filled with talented artists. The massive painted canvases which are hanging on the walls surrounding the commons area prove to everyone who steps foot in the high school that Riverton has been filled with talented artists for many years. Riverton not only has students who paint, draw, and sculpt well, but also with various photographers and videographers as well. It is apparent through the film clips that are shared in assemblies, as well as the tremendous outcome of Silver Screen. The creativity from the artistically inclined students is endless this year at Riverton High. This was shown through the many entries at the annual Art and Film Fest.

Announcements were made nearly every morning influencing students to enter their art pieces into the fest. There were little to no students who had submitted pieces that weren’t class projects, and many of the participants submitted pieces they had spent nearly the entire semester working on in their art classes, so the people who entered were typically encouraged by their teachers in the art department. As a student participating in an art class myself, I witnessed the continuous reminders from Ms. Harris to “make sure if I gave you an A to submit your work to the Art and Film Fest!” and how she would give her students “extra brownie points” if they were to submit something.

The outcome was nothing short of incredible. As you walked into the choir room you were astonished by the incredible art pieces up for display. There were ceramic pieces, painted portraits and landscapes, charcoal drawings, pencil drawings, sculptures, film photography, videography, and other pieces made up of various mediums. The amount of hours spent on each piece knocks you off your feet as you look at every detail of them. Ms. Harris and the other art teachers were there to greet for a while, as they took their claim proudly on their student’s work. As Ms. Mitchell would stood by the pieces she explained to the observers what her students had been working on for that quarter during ceramics. Riverton High always produces impeccable artwork, and this year’s Art and Film Fest was nothing short of once again something amazing.

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Submit to Tabula Rasa

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

‘Wicked’ tickets for $25 at the Eccles Theater

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Movie review: ‘Mary Poppins Returns’

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

‘The Office’ relates to high school students

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Book review: Shattered Snow

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Patriots’ Josh “Flash” Gordon suspended by NFL for substance abuse

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

“A Brief Inquiry” into The 1975’s new album

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Movie review: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ shows Freddie Mercury in a way you’ve never seen before

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Show review: ‘The Dragon Prince’ on Netflix

• Riverton Art & Film Fest

Performers reflect on Battle of the Bands experience

Riverton Art & Film Fest