Silver Rush in the Long Run

Marima Jules, Staff Writer

You’ve heard it before. It’s that type of story where you almost wish you were the hero. Yeah, you’ve heard it before or, you’ve heard of something like it. It’s that story like Shaun Rausch and Blake Lewis’s. After breaking his left tibia bone, Lewis fell to the ground unable to finish the race- at least by himself. Rausch carries Lewis to the finish line fully aware that they both would be disqualified.

A story like Rauah and Lewis’s is enough for someone to try to be better. If these type of stories were enough, do you think Silver Rush has what it takes to have the same influence?  Initially, I would have no doubt about it. Silver Rush is more than enough to encourage someone to be a little more selfless. Alexis Harper, a sophomore, thinks that people tend to follow the crowd., and that there isn’t a high chance that Silver Rush will be a good influence in the long run to her peers.

It essentially depends on the person. Cordelia Proffitt, a senior thinks that Silver Rush “ is such a good feeling that makes December bearable.” She believes that Silver Rush is enough to be influential to the students. It has very little to do with the story or event. No one will have the same story. There are so many different perspectives that each time the story will be told differently. So, really it has little to do with Silver Rush or Rausch and Lewis’s story. It has more to do with the person than the story.

The story can be a catalyst to the change. Keightlyn Schreiner believes that Silver Rush “teaches people to be more selfless”. Because it teaches to be mindful of others, she thinks that the qualities we learn from Silver Rush will ultimately be beneficial. The ladder of love is usually the levels in which someone loves. The tenth rung of the ladder is a mature love for others.

Mrs. Giron, the FHS teacher explains that it’s not “guaranteed “ that every person goes through all the levels. A person can have the first level-self love- but, not go reach the mature love level at all. It all is dependent on the person and if they are receptive to the message from the story. You have heard it before. What you decide to do with that story is up to you.

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Summer is coming! Here’s What Not to Do

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Morp Music Review

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Real Talk with Toya: Senior Prank

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

How To Prevent/Overcome Senioritis As The School Year Comes To A Close

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Real Talk With Toya: Mutual Mormon Dating App

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

The obsession teens have with social media, and the problem surrounding it.

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Chick-fil-a: The Most Popular Restaurant Here at RHS

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Opinion & Advice

A Couple Reasons Why Having Prom Dinner At Home Isn’t A Bad Idea

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

Opinion & Advice

Reasons Why Dance Is A Sport

• Silver Rush in the Long Run

New Years Resolutions Are Overrated

Silver Rush in the Long Run