Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

Katelynn Case, Staff Writer

Riverton High School is a great school. There are so many wonderful things that this school brings, but when it comes to recycling plastic, we struggle. With the huge plastic problem going across the world it is our job to help put an end to it. If you don’t know about the plastic problem, it is time to learn, because it is a huge problem for all of us. The oceans are filled with plastic, glass, and all kinds of waste. The animals that live in the ocean or near the oceans think that the plastic is food and end up eating it. If the animals eat the plastic that they think is food, they either get really sick or die. This is why it is up to us to help do something about it, and it starts with recycling our plastics.

Every classroom at this school has a recycling bin, but they’re for paper only! The students think they can throw their plastic in there because that is what recycling is right? Not the ones in the classrooms. They are for paper only, but that leaves a question. If recycling plastic is such a huge problem, why don’t we have plastic recycling bins in classrooms also?

Students at the high school were asked, “When you have a plastic water bottle, do you throw it in the paper recycling bin or the garbage can?”

Maleah Roberts said, “I throw the bottles in the recycling because that is what I thought what the bins were for.”

Waylon Finnerty said, “I don’t pay enough attention.”

That shows that we have a problem with just having the paper recycling bins in classrooms. With the plastic problem going on, this means that us as students and people need to help do something about it.

There are many things we can do to help fix the problem, or keep it under control. It starts with recycling our plastic, and in order to do that we need to have more plastic recycling bins around the school. Somehow we need to make it known that the bins are for recycling. We need to fix this problem!

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

News

FAFSA

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

5 Things You Didn’t Know About Color Guard

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

News

Teacher Fired After Showing Provocative Classical Art

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

News

Ross 128 b

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

News

Smog

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

Battle For the Net

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

News

Silverrush Opening Assembly

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

Kindness Crew

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

News

Silver Swap 2017

• Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?

Multifarious Assembly

Where are the Plastic Recycling Bins?