Kindness Crew

Greg Cecala, Staff Writer

The Kindness Crew is a club with a very pure goal. It is led by Mr. Briggs who started this with the idea that “Everyone has their own battles, you don’t know what they are.” This club was started after a student approached Mr. Briggs in 2013 saying that there was too much negativity in the world and people should do what they can to change that. This student inspired Mr.Briggs.

When the club was formed it was started out doing small things. “Even if one person smiles or laughs it was worth it” said Mr. Briggs after talking about the time students in the club went around the school with post-it notes that each had a compliment written on them, and stuck one to every locker in the school. Another activity that they did was called the Grateful Tree, they made a paper tree in the commons with paper cut out hands for leaves that said what the kids were grateful for and got many students involved.

Kindness Crew is a force for good, and they are doing their best at making an impact on the world for the better. They are still accepting applications for anyone who would like to help. Mr. Briggs claims that this club is his favorite part of Riverton High School and a conversation with him about the club would make for an exciting day. He is very passionate about this club and he says that seeing the student-led club doing this much good cheers him up, and helps him through tough times as well. After asking Briggs what he would like to say to the student body he just said “to keep smiling.”

Greg Cecala, Staff Writer

Gregory Lane Cecala is a RHS student from West Jordan. He is a burger boy, fry guy, cashier, and big brother for his main jobs. He enjoys hanging out with...

• Kindness Crew

Book review: Shattered Snow

• Kindness Crew

Carol grams for Silver Rush

• Kindness Crew

Phil Tuckett: from NFL to college instructor

• Kindness Crew

George H.W. Bush dies at age 94 in Houston, Texas

• Kindness Crew

The rising popularity of E-Cigarettes in high schools

• Kindness Crew

Elon Musk thinks we should work more

• Kindness Crew

Flu season: Prevention and treatment

• Kindness Crew

Celebrity endorsements in elections

• Kindness Crew

Need to know info about roller derby

• Kindness Crew

Why seniors should register to vote

Kindness Crew