Kindness Crew

Greg Cecala, Staff Writer

The Kindness Crew is a club with a very pure goal. It is led by Mr. Briggs who started this with the idea that “Everyone has their own battles, you don’t know what they are.” This club was started after a student approached Mr. Briggs in 2013 saying that there was too much negativity in the world and people should do what they can to change that. This student inspired Mr.Briggs.

When the club was formed it was started out doing small things. “Even if one person smiles or laughs it was worth it” said Mr. Briggs after talking about the time students in the club went around the school with post-it notes that each had a compliment written on them, and stuck one to every locker in the school. Another activity that they did was called the Grateful Tree, they made a paper tree in the commons with paper cut out hands for leaves that said what the kids were grateful for and got many students involved.

Kindness Crew is a force for good, and they are doing their best at making an impact on the world for the better. They are still accepting applications for anyone who would like to help. Mr. Briggs claims that this club is his favorite part of Riverton High School and a conversation with him about the club would make for an exciting day. He is very passionate about this club and he says that seeing the student-led club doing this much good cheers him up, and helps him through tough times as well. After asking Briggs what he would like to say to the student body he just said “to keep smiling.”

• Kindness Crew

SBO Elections of the 2018-2019 School Year Result

• Kindness Crew

Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un Relations

• Kindness Crew

Meet Julia Gates: Singer, Painter, and Artist

• Kindness Crew

How To Prevent/Overcome Senioritis As The School Year Comes To A Close

• Kindness Crew

“March for Our Lives” Protests in Utah

• Kindness Crew

Real Talk With Toya: Mutual Mormon Dating App

• Kindness Crew

The obsession teens have with social media, and the problem surrounding it.

• Kindness Crew

Federal Investigations are being held in Utah elementary and High Schools concerning 23 potential civil rights violations.

• Kindness Crew

A Step Towards a Life of Work

• Kindness Crew

Salt Lake City School District plans to cut one of their Dual-language classes from Emerson Elementary school, parents are outraged.

Kindness Crew