The Halfway Point

Will Miles, Op-Ed/A&E Section Editor

At this point in the school year, we have roughly hit the halfway point. As soon as we come back from winter break, the semester will come to an end. By this point everyone should pretty much be settled in. Sophomores by now should know the in’s and out’s of the school, juniors are hitting their half way through high school mark and seniors are barely hanging by a string to get this last half of the year out of the way. So that begs the question: what is there to look forward to?

The second half of the school year is infamously known to drag out way longer than the first half, but it’s not just in your head. In fact, there are roughly 30 more days in the second semester than in the first, and that is not a small number when it comes to counting down the days. Another reason for the shift in time could be the lack of events. During the first half of the school year, there was so much to do. The weather was nice so that meant lots of time for outdoors activities, it was the beginning of the school year so everyone was super preoccupied with getting back into the groove of the school year, the homecoming dance, and the biggest chunk of time that just seemed to fly by was Silver Rush; taking up nearly a month of the first semester this was probably a source of time flying in school.

However, if you use your time effectively in the second half the year could fly by just like that. One of the first major events of the second half is Spirit Week. Spirit Week is a competition between all three classes to determine which class has the most spirit. This week is filled with events and activities to participate in that you don’t want to miss. Another great use of time would be planning for Prom. Prom is generally thought to be the most popular dance of the school year, and it’s no surprise how fun this time of year can be. When it comes to activities, Riverton High School offers a whole lot of different clubs and sports you can participate in. Becoming a fan of Riverton’s own basketball teams is a great way to spend a friday night or even becoming a part of a team is a great way to get involved and become a larger member of the student body. For instance, track and field is one of the most popular sports to join near the end of the school year. It’s a great way to kill some time, stay active, and stay involved.

The school calendar hosts a whole list of things to get excited for. The ideas listed and many more are a great way to make the most out of the last half of the school year.

• The Halfway Point

WL Derby: Everything epicly American in one place

• The Halfway Point

Ben McAdams and Jenny Wilson easily win nomination of the Democratic Party

• The Halfway Point

Get to Know Michelle Cooper: SBO Artist 2018-2019

• The Halfway Point

Summer is coming! Here’s What Not to Do

• The Halfway Point

Post Malone Concert in SLC

• The Halfway Point

JATC Apprenticeship Fair

• The Halfway Point

This is what is coming up for Seniors

• The Halfway Point

The Struggles of 4th Quarter

• The Halfway Point

Riverton High School Students Windshield Wiper Blades Are Being Stolen

• The Halfway Point

Morp: Blast to the Past

The Halfway Point