The Marvel Hype is Renewed and Alive once again

Dallin Haws, Staff Writer

The new Avengers: Infinity War trailer was dropped Nov. 29th at around 7 am. This trailer is the beginning of the end for the superheroes we love dearly. Ever since the very first marvel movie, Iron Man, we have traveled through the Marvel Cinematic Universe with 17 films. The latest film to come out for Marvel was Thor: Ragnarok.  Ragnarok is one of the highest rated Marvel Films, with a 92% score on Rotten Tomatoes.  The trailer made long time marvel fans ecstatic for the long couple of months until the actual movies drops. With the pure excitement focused on the screen while watching this 2:25 video, you couldn’t help yourself but feel a tint of nostalgia accompanied with emotion.

9 years ago, Marvel began production on Iron Man. To this day, the first Iron Man is the highest rated marvel movie, with a 94% on rotten tomatoes. But with Infinity War coming in May, you get the vibe that it is probably going to be crowned as the best marvel movie ever.  

Lots of opinions have formed since the drop. Brockton Hergert has said “The Infinity War trailer looks sick, there is so many things that the trailer leaked, like Captain America’s new look, Spiderman, Iron man. And finally it showed Thanos with some infinity stones in the gauntlet, and the voice over with Nick Fury and Thanos was amazing. The whole entire trailer was one of the best trailers ever made, and the whole thing gave me chills.”

Michael Erikson has said “I’m not a huge superhero fan, but when I saw the trailer for the Avengers I got excited because it made me think that superheroes might lose for once. I don’t like how these movies are always the same and that they sometimes come up with ridiculous ideas. Although, when I saw Spider-man get his head smashed into the pavement, I have some hope for once in a long, long time.”

Breaking down the trailer gives you a glimpse of what is to come, and what to expect what we will be seeing in the movie. It starts with a shot of a broken Tony Stark. The mojo you feel from him gives you a sense of despair and pain, almost if he wishes that he could restart. You hear Nick Fury in the background speaking about the Avengers Initiative as the shot transfers into a shot of Bruce Banner being found by Doctor Stephen Strange and Wong. Vision and Wanda Maximoff come into view as the Avenger Initiative is still played in the background.  Thor is the next character to make his appearance as his back is turned to us, and turned to the window of some spaceship. Bruce Banner re-appears standing next to a Hulk Buster fist that comes from the suit, but the shot comes to Black Widow that ends the Avengers Initiative voiceover. Marvel studios enters the screen, the same way it does with every trailer of movie. To keep telling you scene by scene of the trailer would be informational, but it would take way too much time. So for your own good, I’ll just let you watch the trailer on your own because it is well worth it.

Telling you the most important parts would be the most helpful. One of the most exciting things to see in the trailer is to see Peter Parker’s arm hair stand up. This shows you he has those spidey senses after all. The latest Spider-man Movie, Spider Man: Homecoming, was a well written movie with a great plot line. Though the movie showed off Spider-man, it shows off his suit with a hint of his natural talent. You never got to see his Spidey Senses, which is good to see that they’ve incorporated it into the trailer. We also get to see Spider-man’s new suit, which is props to Tony Stark.

A few moments later we get our first look at our beloved villain, Thanos. There really isn’t much to say about him because we know what he’s up to, and what he is capable of. He really isn’t a very nice guy. Multiple times in the trailer we see that he is going to throw down with everybody, and it looks like he’s going to win. One by one, he collects infinity stones. We all have some sort of lost hope because he’s unstoppable.

One huge thing we get to see is the re-emergence of characters we haven’t seen in multiple movies. Captain America makes his way back onto screen, with a scruffy look we haven’t ever seen . We get to see the Winter Soldier again charging his way back with a entire army. A sigh of relief happens when you get to see War Machine make his way back, which is in the corner of one scene. You can hardly see him.

It’s true when people say that the best is saved for last. The ending of the trailer shows a combination that has been a long time coming. Finally, we get to see Guardians of the Galaxy join up with the Avengers for one last epic showdown.

9 years ago we started the beginnings for this one movie. Through this long and windy journey through the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), we are all emotionally bonded to these characters. Even though most of us have never met these people in person, us as a whole feel like we know these people on a personal and deep level. Until May, we will have to wait for the ending fate for these heroes.

• The Marvel Hype is Renewed and Alive once again

Avengers: Infinity War

Get to Know Michelle Cooper: SBO Artist 2018-2019

Post Malone Concert in SLC

Morp Music Review

Meet Julia Gates: Singer, Painter, and Artist

Get to Know MDT Member Ethan Kay

The Stereotypes of Music

2000’s nostalgia

RHS Arts Department Takes Field Trip to BYU and Springville Art Museum

J-Hope’s debut album ‘Hope World’ shoots to the top charts with its uplifting messages