Who is Grouplove?

Sean Christner, Staff Writer

Grouplove is a indie pop band that recently played at the Imagine Dragons concert on October 13th. They entertained the crowds with songs that had a certain charm to them, and hyped up the crowd. They finished off their performance with the band’s newest song “Remember that Night”.

Grouplove is an interesting band that began back in 2011 with their debut album “Never trust a happy song”. Grouplove falls into the Pop rock, Indie Pop, and Alternative Dance genres. According to allmusic.com, “Alternative Dance is the child of Alternative, Indie Rock, and Electronic with elements of post-Disco dance music.” The genres give Grouplove a unique sound to their music. The only way to really describe it is a mixture of club music with electronic sprinkled in. The music has an upbeat feel, the lyrics, however, really do not fit that tone most of the time. The lyrics in the popular songs have a lot of repetition and are very digital at times. They seem to be heavily love stories. This music doesn’t seem to know exactly what it is, but that adds to the uniqueness of Grouplove’s style.

Grouplove has two main singers; Hannah Hooper and Christian Zucconi. These two artists share a lot of duets in the group’s songs. Hannah Hooper seems to mainly do the high and quick vocals, while Christian does more of the slower, more deep vocals. The two singers combine these two different styles to give their song more of a connection between the two people in the story. You could say that the two different singing types bring the dialogue of the song’s “story” to life.

Grouplove is an interesting group because of how complex their music is. It is sort of like riding on a emotional rollercoaster. That is one thing that the group’s music gives the listener, even if sometimes one might not know really what the song is about you can at least feel the emotion of the songs.

The band has a website that fans can go and post their photos to “Remember that Night”; www.grouplovemusic.com.The website does not really explain who Grouplove is but it is a good place to see where they are and where they are about to go.

That is Grouplove; a sort of emotional love song band who uses some great music to really leave an impression on the listener.

• Who is Grouplove?

Justice League Review

• Who is Grouplove?

A Bad Moms Christmas

• Who is Grouplove?

The Grammy Nominations

• Who is Grouplove?

The Marvel Hype is Renewed and Alive once again

• Who is Grouplove?

Tuesday’s Showcase

• Who is Grouplove?

Tabula Rasa

• Who is Grouplove?

GOTCHA!

• Who is Grouplove?

Is the “Chance the Rapper” and “Childish Gambino” Collab Album Happening?

• Who is Grouplove?

Utah Jazz’s Chances

• Who is Grouplove?

The Fall of the DC Universe

Who is Grouplove?