Riverton High School’s brand new turf football field vandalized with an estimated $10,000 worth of damages on Thursday night, before the home game against West Jordan.

Sadie McMorris, Staff Writer

On the morning of September 15th, while practicing on the football field the drill team found inappropriate graffiti all over the football field. It was not long till Ms. Gough, Mr. Hagen along with all the janitors were out trying to clean up the field. Several parts of the field were vandalized including, but not limited to the wolf, endzone, and goal post. The damages estimating up to about $10,000.  Several different things were written on the field in red paint on white areas of the field, but the one that stuck out the most was the “CH” written all over standing for Copper Hills. This caused confusion as to why Copper Hills would write their own name on the field, and many of the football players, and student body believed it to be West Jordan blaming Copper Hills, although no one knows for sure what school did it.

Curtis Hagen, the vice principal over athletics at Riverton, was able to catch the vandalizers on camera, and is using the leads of the camera in the booth and back parking lot to identify the culprit.  Hagen when asked about his thoughts on it commented saying, “ It’s a million dollar field,  maliciously vandalized in just a few weeks of being open.” Although Hagen is and will be keeping the culprit unidentified to the student body, due to not wanting students to lash out against the culprit, and his or her school. Hagen says “When we are able to catch the guilty parties they will be charged by the U.P.D. for trespassing, criminal mischief, and vandalism.”

Fortunately, the administration and janitors were able to clean the field to completely by the game Friday Night, but they were unable to keep it from the football team. Many boys on the team blamed West Jordan, and it affected how the team played that night against the West Jordan Jaguars. One of the team captains and senior Tanner Vernon was upset. When asked his thoughts on the subject and how it affected how the team played against West Jordan he responded with “We were pissed about it. We all wanted to get back and kill them. We all went into the game with a chip on our shoulder.” however the team took it out on the field instead of back lashing. Sadly the Silverwolves fell to West Jordan in double overtime sixteen to ten.

The field has been cleaned, and locked up tightly every night, and after every game, to help to stop damages like this from happening.

• Riverton High School’s brand new turf football field vandalized with an estimated $10,000 worth of damages on Thursday night, before the home game against West Jordan.

News

The Outlet Killer

News

The 20 Trillion Foot Grave

Get to know your 2017-18 Student Body Officers!

News

There is Always Hope

Humor

Eight Year Old Boy’s Hunger Serves as a Driving Force

Tail of the K9s

The last five Mondays

Drop Comics

Drop Comics

Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos