RHS MAGIC CLUB

Brockton Herget, Staff Writer

Some people need a place to interact so they can learn magic, they need pointers in real life to get the hang of it, but not for $100. Are you one of those people? If so and you go to RHS, we have a magic club for that, for a fee of only $5. You don’t have to know magic to join, the point of joining is to learn how. At the magic club they teach magic, have competitions, raffle drawings etc. Don’t worry they don’t teach or do any black magic.

I talked to Dallin Haws about magic club, he said, “Magic club is probably the coolest club I’ve ever heard of. In all 3 years that I’ve attended riverton high school, I’ve never seen something so unusual a new. I think it’s a fresh idea for a club. I feel like most high schools have the same kind of clubs, like most clubs are built out of a mold. This year has been a wild year clubs. I feel like riverton has taken a big step into a new generation of clubs especially magic club. Magic amazes me, the art of deception and leaving people in aw is just absolutely wild. Now taking that logic, and applying it to a club where people can associate with each other is genuis idea in my opinion.”

I also talked to a newcomer of the magicians arts, Matthew Drachman. He said “ I think that the art of Magic is a very interesting one, the art of illusion.  It’s very cool how you can trick the human eye and make things seem as they actually happen.  I think Magic club is a great for folks who want to express this Art and talent.”

Many people think that the magic club is pointless, but they respect it. I talked to Mr. Henriksen and he said “Any excuse to meet with other people is a good thing, even if it’s dumb.” Luke Campbell the president of magic club came to Aaron Hanks with the idea of starting the magic club. Aaron Hanks said “I loved the idea of showing people what magic really is and sharing something I love with other people. I wanted to show people that magic is actually really cool, not just for kids.” Some people that magic can go too far, but that isn’t the purpose of this club. When asked Haley Bolton said, “Magic is super cool, until it gets sketchy. I think that magic is okay until people are pulling cards out of their body, Criss Angel stuff is where I draw the line. Riverton needs a magic club, as long as it isn’t sketchy. If I could do magic I would definitely join magic club, but I’m far too clumsy and obvious to even attempt it. I think that the students of RHS could make this something cool for Silver Rush too.” So if you do go to RHS as a student, feel free to join. 

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

News

The Outlet Killer

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Opinion & Advice

Is RHS Football Getting Better?

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

No Food or Drink on the Second Floor

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Behind the scenes on picking the charity for Silver Rush

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Is it Any Good?

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Lostboycrow: The Iconic Sound You’re Missing Out On

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

A Brief Glance to the Past

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Opinion & Advice

A Separate Life

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Riverdale

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Imagine Dragons: Evolve World Tour 2017 @ Usana

RHS MAGIC CLUB