RHS MAGIC CLUB

Brockton Herget, Staff Writer

Some people need a place to interact so they can learn magic, they need pointers in real life to get the hang of it, but not for $100. Are you one of those people? If so and you go to RHS, we have a magic club for that, for a fee of only $5. You don’t have to know magic to join, the point of joining is to learn how. At the magic club they teach magic, have competitions, raffle drawings etc. Don’t worry they don’t teach or do any black magic.

I talked to Dallin Haws about magic club, he said, “Magic club is probably the coolest club I’ve ever heard of. In all 3 years that I’ve attended riverton high school, I’ve never seen something so unusual a new. I think it’s a fresh idea for a club. I feel like most high schools have the same kind of clubs, like most clubs are built out of a mold. This year has been a wild year clubs. I feel like riverton has taken a big step into a new generation of clubs especially magic club. Magic amazes me, the art of deception and leaving people in aw is just absolutely wild. Now taking that logic, and applying it to a club where people can associate with each other is genuis idea in my opinion.”

I also talked to a newcomer of the magicians arts, Matthew Drachman. He said “ I think that the art of Magic is a very interesting one, the art of illusion.  It’s very cool how you can trick the human eye and make things seem as they actually happen.  I think Magic club is a great for folks who want to express this Art and talent.”

Many people think that the magic club is pointless, but they respect it. I talked to Mr. Henriksen and he said “Any excuse to meet with other people is a good thing, even if it’s dumb.” Luke Campbell the president of magic club came to Aaron Hanks with the idea of starting the magic club. Aaron Hanks said “I loved the idea of showing people what magic really is and sharing something I love with other people. I wanted to show people that magic is actually really cool, not just for kids.” Some people that magic can go too far, but that isn’t the purpose of this club. When asked Haley Bolton said, “Magic is super cool, until it gets sketchy. I think that magic is okay until people are pulling cards out of their body, Criss Angel stuff is where I draw the line. Riverton needs a magic club, as long as it isn’t sketchy. If I could do magic I would definitely join magic club, but I’m far too clumsy and obvious to even attempt it. I think that the students of RHS could make this something cool for Silver Rush too.” So if you do go to RHS as a student, feel free to join. 

Brockton Herget, Staff Writer

Brockton Herget is from Mountain Home, Utah. He has always lived in, and loved Utah. He works hard on mowing lawns, and other types of yard work which,...

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

News

Utah counseling firm to move closer to homeless shelter

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

George H.W. Bush dies at age 94 in Houston, Texas

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Sports & Clubs

Basketball season has begun

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Riverton High School’s In the Heights gave students opportunity to be apart of a community

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

The rising popularity of E-Cigarettes in high schools

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Elon Musk thinks we should work more

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Opinion & Advice

Educating people on climate change could save the planet

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Sports & Clubs

Riverton swim looks to top eleven teams at Bingham Invite

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

Sports & Clubs

Youth Alive program at RHS

• RHS MAGIC CLUB

RHS Shooting Club gives students valuable opportunities

RHS MAGIC CLUB