Riverton’s Varsity girls tennis closes Regions in 1st place, but they ain’t done yet.

Dallin Haws, Staff Writer

Tennis has been around for a very long time, estimated that it was first played around 1859 to 1865. To people that don’t play tennis, some may say that tennis is a pointless sport, but to others some may say that is a physically taxing sport that requires a specific skill set. Marimee Jules has said that “I think it’s amazing how our girls come together and train rigorously to participate in a rigorous sport such as tennis, shows great teamwork”. And for Riverton´s Girl´s varsity team, they’ve done a lot this last season.

Girls tennis has been playing and practicing ever since the 1st of August. Playing mostly everyday, they have been preparing for these types of competitions. Throughout the season, they has been demolishing everyone they played. During regions, that dominance showed by taking the Regional Competition in 1st place, blowing away Herriman and Copper Hills. Most the girls on the team finished 1st in their bracket. Alyssa Sinks, a senior, has said that was regionals was “Awesome! Taking first is regions was so cool!”. Now with the last week victory, they moved on to state competition for a shot at a state win.

State competitions started on October 4th. Alyssa Sinks and Delaney Harris lost in their first doubles match against Bingham while in the first round. Paige Hogan and Lexi Robbins beat out Fremont in the first round for doubles, but fell to Pleasant Grove. Hailey Anderson played in the 2nd Singles. With an impressive couple of wins, she managed to make it into the Semifinals, but then fell to Lone Peak. Madi Burke played in the 3rd singles, making it to the second round and falling to American Fork. Mia Seegmiller played in 1st Singles making it to 2nd round, but lost to Hillcrest.

Throughout the season, these ladies have sacrificed many hours of their lives to improve upon something that they loved. They reached regions and with a huge win, they moved onto state. Even though most lost, it is nothing to be ashamed of. Reaching state is a huge accomplishment. Only the best of the best reach state, and that’s definitely who they are.

Dallin Haws, Staff Writer

Dallin Haws is just normal, living life day to day, kind of guy. He goes to school, goes to work, and then sleeps on a daily basis. There's not...

• Riverton’s Varsity girls tennis closes Regions in 1st place, but they ain’t done yet.

News

Utah counseling firm to move closer to homeless shelter

George H.W. Bush dies at age 94 in Houston, Texas

Sports & Clubs

Basketball season has begun

Riverton High School’s In the Heights gave students opportunity to be apart of a community

The rising popularity of E-Cigarettes in high schools

Elon Musk thinks we should work more

Opinion & Advice

Educating people on climate change could save the planet

Sports & Clubs

Riverton swim looks to top eleven teams at Bingham Invite

Sports & Clubs

Youth Alive program at RHS

RHS Shooting Club gives students valuable opportunities