5 Songs For Your Weekend

Brock Chapman, Staff Writer

The weekend is a time for hanging out with friends and having a good time making a whole lot of memories. The biggest issue though? Finding that perfect playlist to set those memories to. Lucky for you, we’ve taken the liberty to put together 5 perfect songs to start you off with.

1. Chance The Rapper- No Problem (feat. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz)

This is the 2nd song off of Chicago native Chance The Rapper’s 3rd mixtape “Coloring Book” (often referred to as ‘Chance Three’). Rolling Stone named the track one of the best songs of 2016 with it’s danceable beats and catchy lyrics. When asked about the song,  Riverton High Junior Tanner Arnold said “It’s got a great beat and melody, it’s perfect for jamming out in the car…also, Chance has a great voice.”

1. Bruno Mars- 24K Magic

Another anthem from music legend, Bruno Mars. This song is full of the funky drum beats and bass riffs that we’re all so used to from Mr. Mars. Consequence Of Sound called the song a “resurrection of the soul, funk and R&B of the 80’s and 90’s”. All in all, 24K Magic is a song about a bomb party for a bomb party.

1. Hoodie Allen- Dumb For You

Steven Adam Markowitz, Professionally know as Hoodie Allen is a classy rapper/singer who is rising up the charts, His song “Dumb For You” is an upbeat positive take on a heartbroken situation. Complete with a whole rap verse about how to deal with a break up. Jordan Grangroth, a senior here at RHS said this about the track, “I’ve listened to Hoodie Allen for a while and I can relate to a lot of his songs and Dumb For You was one of those songs.”

1. D.R.A.M.- Broccoli (feat. Lil Yachty)

TheMusicalHype.com called Broccoli “infectious” and there is no better word to describe the song. Broccoli is a song based around catchy lyrics and a good vibe, and ask anyone that has listened to the radio in the last few months, that’s exactly what they’ve accomplished. RHS Sophomore, Blake Chapman said, “I like it because it has a good light beat about having a good time.”

1. Shape Of You- Ed Sheeran

This song off of Ed’s newest release, ➗ (pronounced “divide”) is one of two pre-released songs and emphasizes his signature sound that is nothing like any other pop artists. This song interestingly though was originally written to be performed by Rihanna until Ed decided to keep it all for himself. Riverton High Senior Class Vice President, Kohen Castaneda had this to say about the song, “I feel like when I’m older and I’m thinking about this song it’ll remind me of all the last experiences of high school.. my last prom, sweethearts, graduation. It’s a really nostalgic song.” The song features Ed’s signature guitar loops mixed with a synthetic-marimba sound that makes this song perfect for any weekend night playlist.

So there you it, there’s your starter pack. These 5 songs will be a good start for your weekend activities. Also a perfect soundtrack for any memories made.

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

Justice League Review

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

A Bad Moms Christmas

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

The Grammy Nominations

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

The Marvel Hype is Renewed and Alive once again

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

Tuesday’s Showcase

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

Tabula Rasa

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

GOTCHA!

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

Is the “Chance the Rapper” and “Childish Gambino” Collab Album Happening?

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

Who is Grouplove?

• 5 Songs For Your Weekend

Utah Jazz’s Chances

5 Songs For Your Weekend