The last five Mondays

Gabby Gordon, Editor In Chief

The welcome/rude awakening of reality hits many seniors hard.  There are five Mondays left until graduation.  The last three years have felt like actual centuries, but the payoff is almost here.  Some are going to college, some on missions, and some on trips to find themselves.  Others are following a more laid back route and taking off without a plan.  All are options that each senior has thought long and hard about, pondering every option carefully.  Before all the seniors take off on their own paths, there is one thing standing in their way: graduation.

Graduating, senior trips, college, and scholarships cover almost all of the bases about what’s on people’s minds at the moment.  From Australia to St. George, everyone is going to have a memorable senior trip.

“I’m going on a two week road trip down the West coast in June.  It should be pretty fun.  The scenery and the photos we’re going to take are going to be so insane,” says senior, Adam Hagen.

Another thing on many senior’s minds is who is going to even come to their graduation. Grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends from other schools.  

“Honestly I’m just so stressed about sending out announcements and actually graduating that I haven’t even considered who to invite yet,” says Kassidy Holt.

Narrowing down the last five Mondays is a strange thing to even consider.  In  five short weeks, high school is going to be a thing of the past.  Lives are changing.  Structure –for some– is nearly gone.

“I am so so excited to never have to step foot in a high school again.  I have been ready since the first day I entered kindergarten to be done with school.  High school is canceled,” says Juan Diego senior, Zannah Schorer, who attended Riverton for her sophomore year.

That’s the attitude of some.  Others are so concerned about the last five Mondays.  Making them count, settling college plans, final high school grades.  It’s all coming to an end.  It’s all coming to this.

• The last five Mondays

Get to know your 2017-18 Student Body Officers!

• The last five Mondays

News

There is Always Hope

• The last five Mondays

Humor

Eight Year Old Boy’s Hunger Serves as a Driving Force

• The last five Mondays

Drop Comics

• The last five Mondays

Drop Comics

• The last five Mondays

Drop Comics

• The last five Mondays

Drop Comics

• The last five Mondays

The Future of Tacos is Upon Us.

• The last five Mondays

Opinion & Advice

How to: Handle Unwanted PDA

• The last five Mondays

5 Songs For Your Weekend

The last five Mondays