Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

Gabby Gordon, Editor in Chief

From the opening of the bag to the last spicy bite, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™ are a ride.  The familiar chemical taste, the tongue burning, and the anxiety of trying to find a drink to numb the burning pain are something that is unique to Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™.  

Cheetos™ came into my life when I was a young lady, although Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™ came in a bit later during seventh grade when the vending machines were the only good part of Oquirrh Hills Middle.  They’re hot, spicy, and delicious.  Throughout middle school, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™ were a staple for most kids who frequented the vending machines.  Teachers were shocked at the high level of Cheeto™ intake displayed by students.

“Flaming Hot Cheetos™ are too hot; make my nose run.  But that’s the point.  They’re so so good,” says senior Abbey Rassmussen, a Cheeto™ connoisseur.

Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™ were invented by Richard Montañez when he put chile on regular Cheetos™ for a spicy kick.  After marketing to the actual Cheetos™ team, Montañez was completely shocked by their reply that they would make and market the snack.  Not all heroes wear capes.

“When I lived in Arizona, there was this food truck that sold Mexican candies that was parked on the route from school to home.  I didn’t really like the Mexican candy because it wasn’t the kind of candy I was used to.  Anyways, one day someone told me to try Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™.  I was apprehensive because I didn’t like spicy foods and clearly they were hot.  I got over my apprehensiveness and tried the Cheetos™ and my life was completely changed.  Turns out, I love spicy foods.  I love hot Cheetos™.  I couldn’t live without them and they’ve completely changed my life for the better,” says senior Danika Nageli, and Arizonian.  

The verdict on Flamin’ Hot Cheetos™ is that they’re hot in more ways than one.  If you haven’t tried them, you’re very much missing out.

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

The Future of Tacos is Upon Us.

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

Opinion & Advice

How to: Handle Unwanted PDA

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

5 Songs For Your Weekend

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

Title IX

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

For Your Eyez Only — Good or Bad?

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

Why tweens ruin everything: an open letter

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

NBA Stars Can’t Breathe

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

One Last Text

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

Saying Yes to the Dress

• Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos

Allurement of Life

Hot or Not: Hot Cheetos