Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Aimee Scott, Sports/Clubs and Humor Editor

What do Seth Leatherbury, Adam Hagen, Caleb Rogers, McKay Kimball, Brock Chapman, Danny Brown, Gavin Curtis, Jace Hazelgren, Sam Bass, Joseph Christensen and Tanner Sumens all have in common? They’re all competing for the chance to be this year’s Mr. Silver Rush! This year’s DECA and FBLA officers have spent hours creating twists on the traditional competition categories. Connor Anderson believes, “Mr. Silver Rush is great for many reasons, first and foremost, Mr. Silver Rush donates all proceeds to charity. It also creates a sense of unity in the school and it is blast to help (as an officer) and is a blast to watch.”

Admissions fee is $5 and for the first time in RHS history, pre-sale tickets will be available in the main office. Mr. Silver Rush calendars will also be available for purchase in the Commons. Each contestant will run into the aisles collecting money for Millie’s Princess Foundation. Last year, DECA was astonished to see how much change this part of the competition brought in for Mitchell’s Journey. McKay Kimball says he’s, “Excited that we’re gonna be helping earn money for Millie’s Princess Foundation! I’m looking forward to helping earn that money for Silver Rush and trying to get people to have a good time while they’re there. I’m hoping we get a lot of people to come and see it, because it’s gonna be really funny and exciting, lots of laughing and some pretty cool talents too!” Caleb Rogers said he tried out because, “I think it’s a cool way to get involved with Silver Rush and show some school spirit. I’m looking forward to strutting my stuff” down the stage and putting on a really cool show to raise money for Millie’s princesses.

After watching Josh Strong win the crown last year, Connor Hall thought to himself, “Why am I not doing this? This is right up my alley!” He is looking forward to “showing off his hot legs” in the leg competition. Each contestant chose a unique “walk on song” this year. Make you sure you tell them not to “break a leg” before the show! Each of the eleven boys have been practicing a special dance number from a popular movie after school. You won’t want to miss it, I promise.

Tanner Sumens transferred this year from Corner Canyon High School. He was, “All about Silver Rush coming to Riverton. I was told about the huge change it made and how much fun it was. I knew I wanted to do as much as I could. I was talking to the FCCLA board and joked about Male Beauty pageants, they told me it was a real thing. (So I signed up.)” You can sign up to come watch on December 13th at 7 P.M.! You’ll owe these boys a thank you card for the abs they’ll give you afterwards.

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Drop Comics

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Drop Comics

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Drop Comics

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Drop Comics

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

The Future of Tacos is Upon Us.

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Opinion & Advice

How to: Handle Unwanted PDA

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

5 Songs For Your Weekend

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Title IX

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

For Your Eyez Only — Good or Bad?

• Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush

Why tweens ruin everything: an open letter

Behind the Scenes of Mr. Silver Rush