Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Brynne Adamson, Section Editor

“F-I-G-H-T!  Who are you yelling for?  R-H-S.  We are the best!  R-H-S.  Let’s get fired up, go fight win!”  This is only part of one of the many cheers that Amelia Henderson yells to the stands at every game she attends.  (And she goes to almost all of the games, unless unavoidable circumstances arise.)  She’s enthusiastic, always smiling, and a great person to be around in general.  Her cheers, flips, and aerials are all proof of the hard work that she puts into the team.  

Because of their intense training, Amelia and the other girls made it to Nationals, located in Anaheim, California.  There, the sun was constantly shining brightly, and sand was everywhere.  The first two days consisted of the competition.  All of the girls worked tirelessly, and, in the end, varsity got 3rd out of 11 teams and JV got 3rd out of 3 teams.  “Both teams felt like they gave it their all and had a very good performance,” Amelia said enthusiastically.  At the end of each day, along with the other girls, Amelia stayed in a nice hotel.  The last two days in California consisted of going to the beach and to Disneyland.  For the girls, their trip was a blast.  

Amelia wasn’t always a cheerleader.  In fact, she only started cheerleading last year–she only knew how to tumble when she first started and then had to learn everything else fresh.  It took a lot of work and practice at home to learn all the different aspects of cheerleading.  Despite all of that, she loves it and is glad she is a part of the team.  “I like being able to be so involved with everything going on at school.  It gets hard at times because of my schedule, but it’s worth it because I love going and being supportive,” she explained.  She has many friends on the team, and loves hanging out with them.  Together, they make the games enjoyable and exciting.

This diligent student has really good grades, too.  She maintains a 4.0, takes challenging classes, and is always making sure her grades are top-notch.  Keeping up with her homework and cheer is a little tough, but she pushes through it.   

Some of Amelia’s favorite TV shows are The Walking Dead and Psych. She has a younger sister that also goes to Riverton, who many people often mistake her for, or the other way around.  She also has an older sister who is going to be graduating this year.  Her favorite color is purple, perhaps coincidental with Riverton High’s school colors, although my sources haven’t confirmed it.

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Get to know your 2017-18 Student Body Officers!

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

News

There is Always Hope

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Humor

Eight Year Old Boy’s Hunger Serves as a Driving Force

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Drop Comics

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Drop Comics

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Drop Comics

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Drop Comics

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

The Future of Tacos is Upon Us.

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

Opinion & Advice

How to: Handle Unwanted PDA

• Spotlight: Amelia Henderson

5 Songs For Your Weekend

Spotlight: Amelia Henderson